LA Times Movie News
- 'Birdman's' best picture win at Oscars may give film a box-office boost
- "Birdman" may have scored the top awards at the Oscars, but it has hardly soared at the box office.
- 'Birdman' director Alejandro G. Inarritu plunges into new risks
- Filmmakers coming off a big Oscar win tend to take a year or more to sift through their options. Ang Lee, who won the director Oscar in 2013, still hasn't started shooting his next film.
- Oscars 2015: Diversity onstage stands in stark contrast to nominees
- When the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced the Oscar nominations in January, the absence of any minority group nominees in the acting categories — for only the second time since 1998 — triggered a backlash of criticism and threats of protest.
- Oscars 2015: 'Boyhood' undone by its outsized Oscar campaign
- Ask awards consultants the two words they fear the most, and they'll tell you in a heartbeat: Oscar front-runner.
- Oscars 2015: Lady Gaga provides show's biggest Twitter, Facebook moment
- And the Oscar goes to ... social media! (Kind of.)
- Oscars 2015: Patricia Arquette stirs controversy with equal-pay remarks
- In accepting the Oscar for supporting actress on Sunday, "Boyhood" star Patricia Arquette wound down with:
- Oscars 2015: 'Birdman' gets high honors, low grosses for a best picture
- Director Alejandro G. Inarritu and his film "Birdman" went home with the major Oscars, but compared to previous best-picture winners, the movie hasn't taken in much gold at the box office.
- Oscars 2015: 'CitizenFour' makers keep the focus on Edward Snowden
- “CitizenFour” producers Mathilde Bonnefoy and Dirk Wilutzky and director Laura Poitras called for only serious questions in the pressroom after winning the Oscar for documentary feature, refusing to answer a question about how they would celebrate the night.
- Oscars 2015: 'The Phone Call' filmmakers now await producers' calls
- It wasn’t a big surprise that “The Phone Call” snagged the Oscar for live-action short. The film stars Oscar nominee Sally Hawkins (supporting actress for 2013's "Blue Jasmine") as a shy telephone help-line volunteer who receives a life-changing phone call from a mystery man...
- Oscars 2015: 'Glory,' Gaga and everything musical in between
- On Sunday night, "Glory" came — and it conquered.