LA Times Movie News
- 'Interstellar' explores outer and inner spaces
- Memorable science fiction thinks the unthinkable so we don't have to.
- Trailer: 'Chappie' brings Neill Blomkamp's childlike robot to life
- 'Lucy' remains atop China box office; 'Guardians' nears $95 million
- Imported films dominated the Chinese box office last week, with the Scarlett Johansson-starrer “Lucy” remaining on top for the second week in a row and “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” and “The Maze Runner” close behind.
- 'Any Sunday' sequel is the Brown family's latest in a long, cool ride
- To make his Oscar-nominated 1971 motorcycle documentary, "On Any Sunday," Bruce Brown went to the most famous Hollywood motorcyclist of the era, Steve McQueen.
- China's foreign-language Oscars pick, 'Nightingale,' a surprise move
- For years, mainland China has thrown the big-budget movies of its most-heralded directors into the Oscars' foreign-language film race. Zhang Yimou, known for "Hero" and "House of Flying Daggers," has had seven shots at the Academy Award as China's representative; movies by Feng Xiaogang and...
- Christian Bale departs Steve Jobs biopic
- Christian Bale will not be playing Steve Jobs in director Danny Boyle's upcoming biopic about the late Apple co-founder after all.
- 'Force Majeure' generating an avalanche of moviegoer reactions
- Think of it as the art-house answer to "Gone Girl," a movie almost guaranteed to complicate dates, ruin dinners and start many an awkward conversation.
- Mexican filmmaker Luis Estrada's satirical agenda hits home
- The hottest movie in Mexico opens with an unusual disclaimer: Any resemblance to reality is not a mere coincidence.
- 'Nightcrawler,' 'Ouija' tie for No. 1 in slow Halloween weekend
- The crime thriller “Nightcrawler” starring Jake Gyllenhaal and the horror flick “Ouija” essentially tied for first in a traditionally slow Halloween weekend at the box office.
- The Keanes, sad-eyed art and the journey to 'Big Eyes'
- Why'd we make a movie about Margaret and Walter Keane? Well, script ideas can come from the strangest places. …